Monday, April 13, 2009

Williams-Sonoma

For those of you who know me, you probably know that I work at Williams-Sonoma part-time. I work in the stock room and typically only work a few hours a month, but it's a great part-time job. I mainly work during the holidays, so it's a great way to make some "Christmas Cash" as I like to call it, but it also allows me to have access to some of the best culinary tools on the market... not to mention my ability to buy them at a discount!

Recently I've been focusing on our spices/rubs and trying to experiment with them. My new favorite, even though it's out of season, is the Smoked Turkey rub. This stuff is heaven on meat!

My use for the rub was on pork tenderloin. I dry rubbed the loins and put it in the fridge for about 24 hours in a zip-lock bag. The next night I placed the loins in a pyrex dish and poured a liquid mixture of BBQ Seasoning, OJ and Cowtown BBQ sauce in the bottom. Cover lightly with foil and bake for about 20 minutes at 350. After those 20 minutes are up, flip the loins over and cook for another 20. Lastly, fire up the grill and cook over medium flame for a final 30 minutes.

The loins come out smoky, moist and super tasty. Slice it up and serve with a baked sweet potato and you've got yourself a tasty, filling, health dinner.

(To increase the smoky flavor, try grilling the loins on a cedar plank that you've soaked for about 4 hours. This will increase the smoky flavor and let's face it, cedar smells great!)

Cowtown BBQ sauce - "Best Sauce of the Planet" - 2001 American Royal

No comments:

Post a Comment