Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I like shoes...

If you know me pretty well, especially outside the office, you know I like shoes. I have 2 closets full of them. One closet is specifically for black or brown leather shoes and the other is for tennis shoes and flip-flops. 

I think my addiction started when I lived in NY during the fall semester of 2004. I had access to the best selection of shoes in the country. More importantly, I had access to designs and colors that you couldn't find in the Midwest... and they were CHEAP! My favorite shoe store was on Broadway, on the east side of the street, and about 5 shops north of the Canal Street intersection. I'd go there every other week just to check out their offerings. It was amazing. I bought too many while I lived there.

Fast foward a few years and a few dozen pairs of shoes later and we look at today. Now I've found a love of buying my shoes online. My latest addictions are Eastbay.com and Shoes.com. They both offer cheap shoes, a variety of colors and styles, all sizes (I have big feet), and most importantly, cheap/free shipping. And returns. 

Shoes.com has been the latest addiction. They offer free shipping and returns, so you can try them on when you get them and ship them back if you're not interested, and you get your full refund. They have plenty of sizes available, but they lack funky colors and styles.

That's where Eastbay comes into play. They have all the colors and styles that anyone desires. I got a pair of red and yellow Rod Laver adidas shoes and a pair of metallic pink and baby blue K-Swiss' from them. However, they lack the size selection that Shoes.com has, plus they charge for shipping, but not much.

So now I seek a beautiful blend of each site. One that has free shipping, great colors, plenty of sizes and cheap shoes! If you know of one, let me know and I'll be all over it. If you don't know of one but you've got the capitol to get one started, let me know... I think we could get it off the ground! Which would also mean free shoes for myself... hmmm, maybe I should start a business plan... Mike, want to build the site for me? Jk.

Anyway, check out their sites, they've got great stuff!

1 comment:

  1. Nice post.!! Both are pretty nice stores to buy shoes. Well, Eastbay is my favorite one.

    ReplyDelete