Thursday, April 30, 2009

Living the High Life...

I'm not sure about your city, but here in Kansas City people have slowly been moving downtown into Loft Condos. Sure, people have been living downtown for a while now. Lofts have always been available, but there hasn't always been that big of a draw. With the improved Freighthouse restaurants in the Crossroads Art District, the implamentation of First Friday's and more artists moving downtown, not to mention the Sprint Center and the ever-so-popular Power & Light District, people now have more reasons to move down there. 

Some of those people are Terry and Alan Antin. They bought a turret on top of the 909 Walnut building and converted it into a luxory condo. It took 26 months and more than $4 million to complete... but dang, that place is amazing. Now, I haven't been there myself, so I can't say for sure, but when they say a picture is worth a thousand words, they mean it. Or maybe these photos are worth a hundred thousand dollars... not sure.

Anyway, check out the links below to read the story and see the pictures of this amazing place. Be sure to check out my favorite photo, the one of their bedroom. I say it's my favorite because they don't have actual windows in there, so they built two window frames around two monitors that are hooked up to an outside camera that projects the outside on the TVs. Talk about having enough money to do whatever you want with!

'Empty Nesters' - article

1 comment:

  1. If they need a financial planner, I know a really good one ;)

    Hope you're doing well old buddy!

    ReplyDelete