Thursday, April 16, 2009

I LOVE BBQ!

Have I mentioned lately how much I love BBQ? If I haven't, then here's your chance to read me saying "I LOVE BBQ!"

Today I hit up one of the best BBQ joints on the planet, Oklahoma Joe's. This place is wonderful. This place has the best food. This place is inside a gas station?

Yes, the famous Oklahoma Joe's started in a gas station, and still operates from it today. This place has all the qualities I look for in good BBQ. A great atmosphere, tasty sauce (I could drink this stuff... and I have), and of course, mouthwatering food. My personal favorite is their pulled pork sandwich. The pork is so soft, juicy and it crumbles in your mouth. This is by far their most popular fare, and is typically found on their daily special's menu. In fact, it was today's special, so naturally I had to have it.

Oh, and who can forget their fries. Anyone who has ever eaten there knows that these are the most addictive part of Okie Joe's. These things are amazing. I'm not sure what all is in the seasoning, but I have a feeling it might be illegal and could even hold a street value of immeasurable amounts. I could eat the fries as a meal... they're that good. There is one way to improve the fries however, and that's with the sauce. With a little bit of a bite and a sweet touch on the tongue, their sauce is simply the best. As mentioned in a previous thread, one of their sauces, Cowtown, was even rated as the "Best Sauce on the Planet" in 2001 at the American Royal.

In my book Oklahoma Joe's is one of the best BBQ places you'll find on the face of this planet. But, you don't have to take my word for it... however, I do take the word of the American Royal BBQ Competition... the World Series of BBQ and the largest BBQ contest in the world, where Oklahoma Joe's has been the Grand Champion. Oh, and a little group called Zagat gave them one of the few "Excellent" scores that they hand out in the BBQ category.

Anyway, I'm going to go fall into a food coma and dream of BBQ. Hopefully the rain will hold off this weekend so I can get back to the grill and whip up something good!

2 comments:

  1. I think I just gained 10 pounds looking at those pictures.

    Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take a pork sammy and those crack fries. You can overnight them to Springfield!

    ReplyDelete