Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tax Day Tea Party

Today is the big day of the Tea Party. These "modern" tea parties are popping up all over the country. They're happening in over 2000 cities, towns and counties across the US and I have to say, I support them.

Traditionally I'm a conservative, but have been known to be 'green' when it comes to recycling and not trashing our earth, but stick pretty close to party lines. I'm not a whacko conservative, although I can think of a few coworkers and friends who might disagree. I believe people should be taxed fairly, no matter if you make $20,000 a year or $2 million. Estate Tax is a joke and Big Government is killing this amazing country that we call home.

I say these things, yet you won't see me out there with my signs... even though I really like one that I printed off yesterday...

Well, I probably would go, but I have a softball game right in the middle of the thing. If I did go, it would purely be to observe. I'm not edumakated on the whole bailout/tax bill, so I don't feel that I have the right to be out there, even though the First Amendment grants me that right.

I'm quite interested in the masses that have been gathering. I've been following a few FoxNews and CNN "local reports" from the different locations, and things seem to be peaceful thus far. There are rumors that the losers from ACORN are going to try to crash a few of the protests, but that's yet to be seen.

Anyway, I'm just glad to see people speaking up again. It seems like a lot of people have just sat back and taken the abuse from Big Gov't for the last few decades. No matter your take or your party affiliation, I'm sure you're a little peeved at what's being done with our tax dollars. I hate seeing companies fail, but sometimes you just have to learn to let go and let freedom ring.
http://taxdayteaparty.com/

1 comment: